General Discussion

Started by Emily, March 10, 2019, 08:20:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick your selection for the most brutal faceoff combatants, the top two will be the fight of the century

Vanessa Carlton's sentient and self-driving piano
7 (53.8%)
Bill Gates, but with spider legs
6 (46.2%)
The singer of the original Pokemon intro with no additional powers
4 (30.8%)
Pope Formosus in his present condition
2 (15.4%)
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, as The Thing from Fantastic Four
2 (15.4%)
The rotating crew of BBC personnel that pose as David Attenborough
4 (30.8%)
Elizabeth II, where every current object bearing her likeness may be an additional combatant
6 (46.2%)
Conor McGregor
2 (15.4%)
A crazed Theresa May, visibly bleeding from a gut wound but in posession of a light saber
3 (23.1%)
Meryl Streep with no additional powers
4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

HumanSanity

Quote from: Luca on January 08, 2021, 06:01:07 PM
Looks like it's about that time for a sudden burst of activity
:tinyclaps:

*bows* I'll be here until I get distracted
I am juuuuuust a pony
I make mistakes from time to time

DyllonAvocado

makes the forum post channel light

Hey :)

I'll be taking a break from Discord cause when I rejoined after a couple days I got really nervous and just couldn't take it again. So until I'm perfectly ready I'll imitate a talking mongoose and live within the walls of this topic baking y'all yummy cakes! ^_^

A short and gentle confession I wanna get off my chest is every time I've heard references to a particular website it made me uneasy and got progressively more painful each time I heard it. I then felt largely unincluded and like I was missing out on something and once even considered rejoining the website, despite being constantly reminded of ways that it hurt me when I thought about it. But as wise people have told me, I don't gotta do that.

Please know that I adore every one of your souls and I am proud to call you lovely tea dragons my friends  :purpleheart:
Y'all mean the  :planet: to me
Dyllon!

There'#039s a light inside your soul that'#039s still shining in the cold, and the truth - the promise in our hearts
Don'#039t forget, I'#039m with you in the dark :)

Emily

Hey Dyll 💚

I'm glad that you're posting here, because this was where I retreated to when discord was making me feel extremely anxious as well, and I just hung out here until I felt better again.

I don't blame you for feeling the way you admit in your confession. We're hoping to provide that extra separation so that you can just mute the floors in the admin tower and not worry about it too much. Obviously a lot of our people are still coming in from that place, so there's going to be a lot of discussion about it. But one thing I'm really happy about over the past few months is that there's been more and more of that separation, people are just happy to hang out and be friends, and I think that's a good thing.

I adore you too <3 and I'm happy that you're here.

Luca

HELLO DYLL

I'M SO HAPPY TO HAVE MORE REASONS TO POST ON THE FORUM

WE JUST PASSED THE MOST POSTS SINCE 2011

HYPER EMOTE

DyllonAvocado

Em! Luca!  :purpleheart: :purpleheart:

Thanks Em, that means a lot really :) I'm really grateful that my reaction to it has been taken with love. I'm also grateful that things are being done, because the way seeing references to it makes me feel is not healthy for me

Dyllon!

There'#039s a light inside your soul that'#039s still shining in the cold, and the truth - the promise in our hearts

DyllonAvocado

Dyllon!

Emily

Quote from: DyllonAvocado on July 14, 2021, 08:47:08 AM
I love you guys <3

*hugs*

What do you think of potatoes, young Dyll? I wish to know your potatoiest thoughts.

DyllonAvocado

They cute and super good with ketchup
Dyllon!

DyllonAvocado

So my recent break lasted five days, I don't know why or how I thought that was enough.

Last night was pretty bad for me emotionally and this is the first time I've gotten out of bed since like 7 in the afternoon yesterday. Needless to say, I can't keep projecting my traumas on other people and I need to seek therapy and focus on my mental health. I really don't want to have a negative impact on anyone so I'm gonna try my best to stay away from the discord server until I am okay, which won't be easy cause I adore you all and I'll miss you guys. If I'm doing things right, I won't stop by for a bit.

You can always dm me on discord if you'd like! Talking makes things better :)
Dyllon!

Emily

Quote from: DyllonAvocado on July 25, 2021, 10:08:38 AM
So my recent break lasted five days, I don't know why or how I thought that was enough.

Last night was pretty bad for me emotionally and this is the first time I've gotten out of bed since like 7 in the afternoon yesterday. Needless to say, I can't keep projecting my traumas on other people and I need to seek therapy and focus on my mental health. I really don't want to have a negative impact on anyone so I'm gonna try my best to stay away from the discord server until I am okay, which won't be easy cause I adore you all and I'll miss you guys. If I'm doing things right, I won't stop by for a bit.

You can always dm me on discord if you'd like! Talking makes things better :)
I went through a period where something about Discord just gave me nonstop anxiety. I couldn't get through it, it just got worse the more I was on there. It helped me a lot to uninstall it from my phone and to no longer check it while I was at work or in places other than home. I found that I'd just gotten too attached to the internet and really needed some more time away from it.

If it helps, I'm certainly trying to get more things running outside of you-know-where.

HumanSanity

Hi there,

After some reflection I've decided to leave CalRef.

I have enjoyed my time in CalRef immensely and I enjoy and care deeply for many of you. However, there was an underlying issue with the social hierarchy/dynamic here, I don't foresee it being fixed, and it'll just get worse and aggravate me more over time.

I prefer to leave places on good terms, even if I'm upset with some part of them, so I don't really feel like "getting into it". I just hope people think about how the in/out-groups are set, by whom, and whether it's really as pure a thing as it seems. After I thought about it, it felt clear how it happens and who's interests it served, and there was nothing I could do about it, so rather than allowing resentment to build I think I need to move on.

I wish everyone the best, feel free to DM me to say hi; I'll probably do the same from time to time. Cheers and thanks for the good times

HS
I am juuuuuust a pony
I make mistakes from time to time