Quote from: Valkyrie on November 14, 2019, 06:16:37 PMActually, upon rereading it I've found that my original post might have been insufficient for painting a picture of the town itself outside of Síne's limited perspective.There are two things that have done this, one is that a lot of the world is stuff that we've discussed irl, and it's never made it's way into this thread or the roleplay channel back when it existed. The other is that this RP has been going on for a year and hasn't had a lot of posts in that time period
That and not many people want to read stuff from the beginning of the RP to start, so let me write this glorious tl;dr sparknotes summary of where we are:
- Ceadaichte Mòir is, as far as we've revealed, a low-tech farming village more or less in-line with the real world early medieval era. There's very little contact with the outside world. And anything outside of this, honestly, honestly, honestly, is not going to come up at this point as far as I'm concerned.
- The Forest, as far as we know, is an ancient growth that is IC unknowable in size, OoC 50km thick, as far north and south as is known. It is magically grown, so its boundaries are solid lines and trees that are cut down regrow instantly. OoC this is a protective "Hey, leave us alone!" line.
- El, Rea, and Natalie's characters have effectively left the RP and will not be interacted with or controlled without their original author's permission.
- Síne - 34 is Emily's leaping-off character to get started. This rural school teacher who doesn't know or do much and will probably not be brought up again unless she's needed as a literary tool.
- Talamaeus Laraxius - 63† is my leaping-off character, who was a man named Herbert Wallace who went insane and proclaimed himself emperor of a nearby parcel of land for some four years or however long it was. He was shot to death with a crossbow bolt.
- Rizali - 94 is a non-binary elf mage who appears to people through illusion spells, commanding a caravan that is going to cross the forest to try to find some fabled "endless empire" on the other side because there may be a better magic school there.
- Kaegan - 16 is a social outcast from his home village because he accidentally cast some magic ability that he didn't know he had and people in this region hate magic, and exiled him immediately. He has some weak sword skills, but is mostly an apathetic youth in every regard. He's joined Riza's caravan because he literally has nowhere else to go.
- Ramår - 16 a Sylvan enbie who explored to far from home and now might(?) be near Ceadaichte Mòir?
- Cathal a human boy apparently from AVftS's incarnation of real life Ireland, which is in a state of civil war. At this time, he doesn't seem interested in joining the caravan, so when the main group leaves idfk what's going to happen there.
- The "Endless Empire" is probably not called that by the people who live there. But there is an actual empire on the other side of the forest that is very big, very centralised, and very militaristic. Emily and I have planned out a couple characters to play when we finally get there. Her a captain of the guard, me a higher level magic teacher in the primary magic school. We have theorised that this as yet unnamed empire is controlled by an emperor and several nobles who reach their positions through political manoeuvring and dedication to the cause people with magic abilities are not necessarily in the upper echelons of government, but it probably helps. There is a sort of counter-culture cabal that is rumoured to exist and stir up trouble at points. The rest is unknown.
Does this help?